Hello Robotics Ph.D. Class of 2014
First of all, congratulations to all of you for your admission to the Georiga Tech Robotics Ph.D. program. RoboGrads welcome you to the program and we are looking forward to meeting all of you this fall. RoboGrads, an organisation comprised of Robotics Ph.D. students, serves as the link between students in the program and the Robotics faculty. We are here to represent your interests and keep you updated about the program and related events.
Let me introduce all of our officers in the executive board first:
- Tapomayukh Bhattacharjee (President, Home Department : BME, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Daniel Pickem (Vice-President Robotics PhD, Home Department : ECE, Contact: email@example.com)
- Vivian Chu (Vice-President Academics, Home Department : CS, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Laura Strickland (Vice-President Communications, Home Department : ME, Contact: email@example.com)
- Tesca Fitzgerald (Vice-President Outreach, Home Department : CoC, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kelsey Hawkins (Vice-President Public Relations, Home Department : CoC, Contact: email@example.com)
- Brian Goldfain (Vice-President Social Events, Home Department : CoC, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andrew Melim (Treasurer, Home Department : CoC, Contact: email@example.com)
To make your start as a new Robotics Ph.D. student as easy as possible for you, we would like to invite you to an Orientation event exclusively for new Robotics-PhD Students. This event will be important for you for a number of reasons. It is an opportunity for you to meet your fellow Robotics students, the Robotics faculty, and of course your RoboGrads team. But also academically the orientation will be useful for you. The Robotics program has specific course and degree requirements which are different from all your home department degree and course requirements. These specific requirements will be discussed in detail and the differences with your home department will be clear to you once you attend the robotics orientation event in addition to your home department orientations. Robotics faculty will be present and available for networking and discussing any overlap there might be between their research and your research interests. And last but not least, lunch will be served as an added bonus.
The orientation is scheduled for Friday, the 15th of August from 11 am until 1 pm. We are currently working out the details, but we will let you know about the exact location as soon as possible.
In the meantime we would like to point you to our website http://robograds.org/ for further information. Of course, you can always contact our board members with preliminary questions that you might have. We are looking forward to an exciting semester ahead with all of you. Congratulations once again from RoboGrads !!
Please let us also know whether you are planning on attending the Robotics Ph.D. program at Georgia Tech. That information would be helpful for administrative purposes for both the Robotics Committee and RoboGrads.
All the best,
on behalf of RoboGrads